This week, let's explore how our inner thoughts or "self-talk" shape the way we see and experience the world. We often take what happens around us and change it in our minds based on our past experiences without even realising it. This can help us feel more in control, but it also keeps us from fully experiencing and enjoying the present moment. By recognising and understanding this, we can start to enjoy life more fully, experiencing things more directly and honestly.
Pause and Witness
- Set Reminders: Set a few random alarms or reminders throughout the day. When they go off, it's a signal to pause whatever you are doing.
- Witness Your Thoughts: Take a moment to observe your thoughts. What story is your mind telling? Is it based on your past experiences or biases? Try not to judge or change your thoughts, just witness them.
- Question the Narrative: Ask yourself if the story or narrative in your mind is an accurate reflection of reality. Is there another way to look at the situation?
- Breath and Reset: Take a few deep breaths. Allow yourself to let go of the narrative and bring yourself back to the present moment.
- Express Gratitude: Take a moment to feel grateful for the opportunity to connect with the present and experience life more directly.
Making this a habitual practice will encourage a more direct experience of life, reducing the dominance of past biases in interpreting the present moment.
Unlock the Transformation You’ve Been Seeking with The Spotlight Sessions
Join me in The Spotlight Sessions, where real conversations lead to real transformations. Each session is focused, powerful, and packed with practical insights. Here, your stories and experiences are not just heard, but they become a pathway to new understandings and possibilities. Be part of a community committed to personal growth and collective wisdom. Don’t just go through the motions—make your journey count. Join The Spotlight Sessions and make tangible progress in your life.