ONE PEOPLE PRODUCTIONS LLC
1. Definitions: As used in these Retreat Terms:
- “Activity” means each recreational or other activity in the course of the Retreat.
- “Visitor,” “you” and “your” refer to the visitor making a Retreat reservation with us.
- “Visitor Confirmation” means the confirmation of booking.
- “Our”, “us,” “we” refer to One People Productions, LLC.
- “Retreat” means a mindfulness and wellness retreat that you have reserved that is set forth in your Visitor Confirmation and includes all Activities.
3. Vendors: We may engage local vendors to act and provide a variety of services and amenities, including but not limited to transportation, hotel, ground operator, restaurants, or other suppliers of services connected with specific itineraries (“Vendors”). The Vendors are solely responsible and liable for providing their respective services and we are not responsible for delay, mishap, inconvenience, expense, irregularity, bodily injury, illness, emotional distress, death, or loss to property occasioned by or through the conduct or omission of a Vendor, each of which is subject to the laws of the country or state where the services are provided.
4. Non-Refundable Holding Deposits: You understand, affirm, acknowledge, and agree that the coordination, planning, and offering of Retreats by us requires a significant amount of coordination, and undertaking of obligations in our part, not the least of which is the booking and engagement of various Vendors (including accommodations and locations), for which we are obligated to make payments in advance, often on a nonrefundable basis. Accordingly, you understand and agree with regard to any and all Retreats, that any holding deposits (collectively “Holding Deposits”) are fully NON-REFUNDABLE, under any circumstances. AGAIN, HOLDING DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE.
5. Cancellations and Refund Policy: We understand that Visitors would never book a Retreat with the goal of cancelling it, but we also understand that unexpected events do occur, so please consider purchasing travel insurance (see below) and please understand that it is your responsibility to read and understand this cancellation and refund policy. Moreover, please note that because our Retreats are limited to a small number of Visitors, our cancellation policy is in place to help Visitors and us alike to have mutually set expectations and understandings to create a more personable, intimate experience.
- Following any holding deposit, the full balance of the applicable Retreat fees shall be, with no exceptions, due no later than eight (8) weeks before the commencement date of the applicable Retreat, unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing by us (collectively, the “Fee Balance”).
- Any and all CANCELLATION requests must be received by us on or before sixty (60) days before the commencement date of the applicable Retreat. You may cancel by sending an email with a clear statement of cancellation to the following email address: email@example.com.
- The time of cancellation will be the date upon which we receive notice from you. Arriving late or leaving a Retreat in progress, for any reason whatsoever, will not result in a refund, and no refunds will be made for any unused portions of a Retreat. Please note that if we grant any such cancellation request we shall refund ONLY fifty percent (50%) of the applicable Fee Balance (less the applicable Holding Deposit, which again is NON-REFUNDABLE under any circumstances), unless otherwise expressly agreed to in writing by us. Any refunds allowed will incur a 5% processing fee, which will be automatically deducted by us.
- If possible, we will attempt to (but cannot and do not guarantee that we will) find another person to take over and assume your reservation, and solely in upon such full assumption and taking over, we will refund to you the Holding Deposit and Fee Balance minus our 5% processing fee.
- There are NO exceptions to the cancellation and refund above policy for any reason, including weather, injury/illness, or personal emergencies. Furthermore, there are absolutely NO refunds or credits for failure to attend or failure to complete any Retreat, or for arriving late to or leaving early from Retreat.
6. Payment Links/Invoices and Credit Card. We will send you invoices and electronic payment links via email to your designated email address so that you may make payment of the Holding Deposit and the Fee Balance and any other fees or costs by your designated credit card account (“Payment Card”). You must pay such invoices within thirty (30) days of the invoice being emailed or otherwise made available to you. For any amount not paid within such thirty (30) day period, you shall pay a late fee at the rate of one and one half percent (1.5%) per month. Failure to pay any applicable Holding Deposit and Fee Balance Payment on time, or comply with any other applicable policies and procedures, will result in the automatic cancellation of pending reservations and we reserve the right to impose and assess cancellation and/or other related fees (including without limitation, automatically retaining any Holding Deposit monies).
7. Outside Activities: We hope that you are able to enjoy activities outside of the Retreat in any particular locale, but please be aware that if you decide to participate in any activity or excursion that is not arranged or led by us, we shall bear absolutely no responsibility nor liability for or control over your safety or well-being, which will be solely your responsibility.
8. Additional Fees/Costs: We understand that you may choose to take advantage of and enjoy various third-party goods and services during any Retreat. However, we are not responsible for paying or bearing the fees/costs that are not included in the fees and expenses expressly covered by your Holding Deposit and Fee Balance for the applicable Retreat (e.g., without limitation, meals, entertainment, local travel, incremental charges by any hotel or the lodging provider, souvenir items, food, massages and wellness treatments from the Retreat center, etc.)
9. Room Share: We bear no responsibility for the actions of and interactions with any persons with whom you share a room with, including but not limited to personal hygiene habits, etc. We are not responsible for your online, offline, or in-person interactions with other visitors and disclaim all warranties with respect to those interactions. We are not responsible for your online, offline, or in-person interactions with other Visitors and disclaim all warranties with respect to those interactions.
10. Loss or Theft of Personal Property: We bear no liability for the loss, theft or damage to property however sustained or caused.
11. Allergies/Diet: On any Retreat, meals are prepared by Vendors based on the availability of ingredients in each destination. Please keep in mind specific meal requests may not be available. Further, please be advised that food and beverage locations are not owned or operated by us. We use reasonable efforts to communicate special dietary requests to the locations and, for pre-packaged retail food and beverage, we rely on supplier/manufacturer ingredient labels. Please contact us so you can make an informed choice because food preparation processes and menus vary by location. You are responsible for deciding whether any particular offering meets your requirements. We cannot guarantee that any offering is completely free of allergens.
12. Eligibility: We do not conduct any retreat for any person under the age of 21.
13. Health/Safety Representations: If you book a Retreat, you automatically represent and certify that you: (i) have carefully read the details of the itinerary and selected an itinerary that is appropriate for your physical and mental abilities; (ii) do not have any impairment or disability which might present a safety risk during the Retreat or any of the Activities; (iii) have consulted with a personal physician as appropriate; and (iv) will immediately advise us if you are unable to meet the safety requirements that are necessary for the safe operation of the Retreat or Activity. If your circumstances change between the date of booking and the Retreat departure, you must inform us as soon as possible and advise us of any special requests. All Visitors are strongly encouraged to consult with their personal physician before booking a reservation. In addition, select itineraries may require Visitors to obtain prior written approval from their personal physician. Please contact us about specific itineraries or activities.
14. Travel Insurance: Due to the inherent unpredictability of travel and accommodations (especially post Covid-19), we strongly recommend travel insurance and is available through multiple independent travel insurance providers. Travel insurance typically provides coverage for Retreat cancellation and interruption, luggage protection and delay, travel accidents and delay, and emergency medical and dental services and certain associated transportation. If you do not purchase travel insurance, you are responsible for any medical expenses, any medical evacuation costs, and any other costs arising during your travel.
15. Pricing: All prices are (i) quoted in U.S. dollars, (ii) estimates based on tariffs, currency values, airfares and third-party charges, and (iii) subject to change prior to booking. Prices vary for each Retreat based primarily on when you book, when you travel, room configuration and room location.
16. Air Travel: Neither we, Vendors, nor any of their affiliates, will be liable for any air carrier's or airline’s termination/refund/cancellation policy or any penalty incurred by the purchase of a nonrefundable or other ticket to or from the Visitor’s point of departure. Any airline tickets issued are subject to the air carrier's or airline’s refund policy. Luggage and personal items are at all times the sole responsibility of the Visitor.
17. Itinerary Modifications/Our Right To Cancel: We will make every reasonable effort to operate Retreats; however, we reserve the right to cancel the Retreat or any Activity because of inadequate enrollment that makes any Retreat or Activity economically infeasible to operate or because of good-faith concerns with respect to the safety, health, or welfare of the Visitors. If we cancel a Retreat prior to departure, the Visitor will be provided with a full refund of monies paid; except in the event that the cancellation is due to a significant event that makes it infeasible to operate the Retreat as planned, in which case the Visitor will be provided with a refund and/or credit toward a future Retreat equivalent to the amount paid.
18. Force Majeure: Neither we nor our subsidiaries, affiliates, and assigns, employees, officers, directors, successors, representatives, agents, and independent supplies, will be held liable for any loss or damage due to delay, cancellation, or disruption in any manner caused by any of the following causes, to the extent beyond our reasonable control: acts of God, accidents, riots, wars, hostilities, blockages, revolutions, riots, insurrections, terrorist acts, epidemics or pandemics (including but not limited to COVID-19), quarantines, civil commotions, breakdown of communication facilities, natural catastrophes, governmental acts or omissions, changes in laws or regulations, labor strikes, fire, explosions, or sabotage.
19. Name Changes/Transferability: Reservations and Retreat components are non-transferable. We will attempt to make a reasonable effort to accommodate changes to Visitor names prior to departure; however, we reserve the right to pass on to you any third party costs (such as from airlines or Vendors (as defined herein)) we incur in so doing and we make absolutely no guarantee that we will honor any such name change requests.
20. Governmental Advisories/Travel Documents: You are solely responsible for obtaining current travel advisories, warnings and requirements by contacting your travel agent, applicable embassies and consulates. We strongly encourage you to visit the U.S. State Department’s website at http://travel.state.gov and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website at http://www.cdc.gov. Non-U.S. residents should consult the appropriate consulates regarding passport, visa and other document requirements. All Visitors must have valid government-issued proof of citizenship to travel, in addition to any other requirements of the country of origin and countries visited. Those without proper documentation may be denied travel. In addition, you may be denied entry to the countries visited if they do not meet the country’s entry requirements. You are solely responsible for notifying us of flight changes affecting your arrival. You are solely responsible for obtaining any documents required for your participation on the Retreat such as a valid passport, all visas, vaccination certificates, and any other documents which may be required by your itinerary or as required for traveling with minors.
21. Governing Law: YOU AGREE THAT ANY DISPUTE WHATSOEVER (WHETHER IN TORT, CONTRACT OR BASED ON STATUTE) IN CONNECTION WITH, RELATED TO, OR ARISING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM YOUR RETREAT, YOUR PURCHASE OF A RETREAT FROM US, THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO YOUR RETREAT SHALL BE DETERMINED EXCLUSIVELY IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAW OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA, WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICT OF LAWS PRINCIPLES. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, THE TRAVEL AGREEMENT AND ANY OTHER DOCUMENTATION RELATED TO YOUR RETREAT SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE ENTERED INTO AND CONSUMMATED ENTIRELY IN THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA.